So, I've been wondering what blogging is all about, what purpose it serves, and why people do it. It's kind of like trying to figure out why regular everyday people "tweet" on Twitter. There's not much about every day that seems interesting enough to catalog. But, as I say that, I feel, I'm really just being cynical. Perhaps it's a good way to remember what our lives are like.
I've been on facebook for over a year now, and what I've learned is that I really have forgotten a lot. Before I forget too much more, I thought maybe there's a way to preserve it. Maybe while preserving it, my experiences may help others, or at least I may be validated learning that others are experiencing the same things I am.
So, here goes. My first official blog post. Not sure if I will add many more, but, it's a start. My life experiences come from my job, my husband, my children, the rest of the extended family, and a rather eclectic assortment of friends, but most certainly not necessarily in that order. I'm a Mom, I'm a wife, I'm the COO of an Association. I've got 3 great kids, and next Saturday will mark my 16th wedding anniversary. My husband in Brian, and this 4th of July will mark our 20th year together. My kids are Hayes (12), Dylan (10), and Quinn (7), two boys and a girl. I'm originally from upstate New York but now live near the Nation's Capitol.
I'm guessing that my posts will be topic related, driven by a specific experience that for some reason, I don't want to forget. Stay tuned, we'll see what occurs to me first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment